Bisphenol A (BPA) Facts
Bisphenol A is a chemical building block used to make polycarbonate plastic and epoxy resins. Studies have linked BPA to hormone disruption, increased breast and prostate cancer cell growth, and early onset puberty, and obesity. Remove and replace.
Plastic Straw Facts
- More than 500 million disposable plastic straws are used in the United States every day.
- That would fill more than 127 school buses daily, or more than 46,400 school bus loads per year. (40ft. – long buses)*
*The amount of disposable straws distributed for use in the US were provided by straw manufacturers estimates. While this estimate may sound high, many environmental groups believe that these numbers are low, as it does not include straws that are attached to juice boxes and milk cartons. http://bestrawfree.org Make the choice to not use disposable straws; in doing so, you will be choosing better health for you and reducing the amount of waste and little going into our landfills, oceans, lakes, rivers, and countryside.
- Some plastics slowly leak harmful chemicals into everything they touch. Whether it's through your one-time use water bottle, children's toys or household products, we know that Plastic Sucks!
- Plastic doesn't biodegrade, it photo-degrades, which means the material breaks into tiny little toxic pieces.
- That means that every piece of plastic that has been made still exists in some shape or form!
- The only way to get rid of this toxic threat is to strive to not use plastic in your everyday life.